UAN Login: Do you know about EPFO? It’s also known as Employee Provident Fund Organization which is a government agency that falls under the Ministry of Labor and Employment. Please note that the management of your Provident Fund (PF) in India is governed by the Employee Provident Fund (EPF) and EPFO through UAN Login.
Those who are already the member of this will therefore need a unique Universal Account Number (UAN). It’s basically a special and unique identification number used for both these services.
Once you enroll in this service, you get a provision so as to withdraw your EPF funds to purchase a home. Another reason is that EPFO Member won’t be able to get all the money from your PF account. The above facility comes under a number of restrictions.
The scheme called EPF mainly composed of salaried employees where they can check the details by logging in to the web portal. In order to do that you will get a UAN login this will be in the form of a Universal Account Number.
The UAN that you have got can be used to check some details like your PF contribution detail, EPFO passbook, along with EPFO account balance check. All the above details can be checked through unique UAN number.
As the UAN code is unique for every person, it can be transferred when you change your job. Now, if you wish to make some valuable contribution to your PF count, you should consider linking your UAN and AADHAR number.
Once you get a UAN, it can be used to log into the EPFO (EPFO UAN Login). In the same way, UAN login can also be used by any EPFO member. He can easily track your UAN Passbook which is made possible through EPFO Member login.
Please note that EPFO Member can only access your data using UAN number, the person can also grab your UAN passbook after he decides to login as EPFO Member (EPFO login).
How to perform UAN Login 2023
If you already know your universal account number, you can easily initiate the UAN login process:
- First, you need to visit the official website
- Next, enter your login credentials
- Click ‘Sign In’ once you visit the UAN member portal
- Once you click sign in on the homepage, it will display details like your email, UAN number, PAN number, bank detail, etc.
- Click ‘View’ once you reach the UAN member portal
- Here you will see details like your profile, Passbook, UAN Card, Service history
- Next, click ‘Manage’ on the UAN member portal
- Here you find details like Mark exit, E-Nomination, KYC, Contact details, and Basic details
- After you reach the UAN portal, you can manage Account setting
- On the UAN member portal, you can also find details like Annexure K, Claim status, Transfer Request, Claim Forms 31, 19, 10C and 10D under “Online Services” option
Registration for UAN Login
If you are attempting to login, you should note that your UAN needs to be registered and active on the portal. Please adhere to the below given steps to sign in to the portal:
- First, visit the EPFO homepage
- Next, click “For Employees” tab given under “Services” section
- Next, select “Activate UAN” given under “Important Links” section
- Enter all the required details like your name, D.O.B, Aadhar card number, etc.
- Make sure that you have ticked the box before you click “Receive authorization PIN”
- It will make you receive an OTP on your registered mobile
- Next, you need to “Validate OTP and Activate UAN” after you enter the OTP
- After you have your UAN activation successfully, EPFO will send an SMS so that you will be able to have an access of PF account
How can a company create UANs for recently hired employees?
Being an employee, you can always access the EPF employer portal by using your establishment ID and password. Please adhere to the following:
- First, you need to select Register Individual which you can get from the menu given.
- Next, choose ‘No’ for your previous employment
- Now, you have to visit the Member area
- Enter details like details of employee along with bank, PAN, and Aadhar details
- Next, confirm these details under the approval box given
- It will then generate a new UAN number by the EPFO
- Finally, the company will link the UAN and PF account
How can I Find My UAN?
If you are still not aware about your unique UAN number, please find below the ways to check your universal account number (UAN):
- First, visit the UAN portal
- Next, click “Know your UAN” from the list of “Important Links”
- Next, enter details like the captcha and your mobile number. Verify them by entering OTP that you receive on your mobile
- If you have a successful verification, proceed further by clicking “OK”
- Next, enter your name along with the captcha, Aadhaar number, and dob
- Click “Display UAN” after you enter the desired detail
- You can always find your unique UAN without using Aadhar but using your member ID or PAN number
How can you check the UAN on your pay slip?
If you are still not aware about this, you can also find your unique UAN by looking at your pay slip. Here you will find your UAN number given in the form of PF UAN.
What is the Password for the UAN Login?
- First, you need to visit the UAN portal
- Next, select “Forget Password” link once you reach the homepage
- Next, enter your UAN along with a valid captcha
- Hit ‘Submit’ after you enter these details
- It will then request you to enter details like your gender and birth date
- Next, verify your identity by entering the valid captcha and Aadhaar number
- You also need to click the undertaking as well
- It will validate your Aadhaar number
- Next, tick the box to give your consent
- Verify the details using OTP
- It will make appear a new password creation prompt
- It’s advised that while creating password, you include at least one upper case letter, one number, special one character to make it 8 character long password
- This is how you will successfully update your UAN login password
Update your Mobile Number in the UAN Portal
- First, visit the official website of EPFO and then select ‘For Employees’
- Next, select the ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)’ which you can find under the Services section
- Next, enter your UAN, captcha, and password to log in
- Select ‘Contact Information’ located under the ‘Manage’ tab
- Next, update your mobile number or email
- It will open a box where you can enter new mobile number
- Enter OTP after you have made the update
- Hit ‘Submit’
- This is how your mobile number change on the EPFO portal
How are UAN and PAN Connected?
- First, you need to visit the EPFO member portal
- Enter your credentials like UAN and password to login
- Next, select the ‘Manage’ option
- Click “KYC” option
- Next, you need to locate the “Document type” option to find a list of documents
- Hit PAN to enter your PAN number and name
- Hit ‘Save’
- It will link your UAN and PAN right after the Income Tax company verifies it
How can the UAN portal fix the PAN verification issue?
If your given details mismatch on both the portals, you need to take the steps to manage PAN-UAN verification failure
- First, you need to visit the EPFiGMS portal
- Next, click “Register Grievance”
- Here you can adjust your language preference
- It will open a new page for you
- Here you need to select your current status from options like an employer, EPS pensioner, PF member or “Others”
- Simply, select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’
- Next, select “Get Details”
- It will display details like your email, name, and mobile number
- Verify the details using OTP
- Here enter your personal information like your address and gender
- Next, choose a PF number to enter your complaint which is given under the “Grievance Information” section
- It will open a new box to enter details like pre-pension, EDLI, Employer, PF office, etc.
- Here you need to choose the option of PF office
- Next, select KYC Related Problems of Subscriber Regarding PF Office option
- Enter your complaint
- Choose Add and then ‘Submit’ the details
- Finally, you will receive an SMS of your complaint. You will also receive a conformation email
- It will fix your PAN verification issue within 48 hours
How can I use UAN login to transfer money from one PF account to another?
- First, you need to make sure to login EPFO portal using UAN password and captcha
- Next, select the One Member-One EPF Account
- It will open a new page having your personal details
- You will also get details about the account where you get your PF transferred
- Next, select between your prior and current employers
- Next, verify the above details using OTP and then hit submit
- Next, complete Form 13 online so as to complete your PF transfer request
- Finally, print and sign it and send it to your employer
- Your PF will be transferred after the details are verified
How UAN and Aadhaar be linked?
If you are already a EPF subscriber and your Aadhaar number is linked with UAN, only then you will be able to use challan-cum return service
- You need to visit https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface so as to link your Aadhaar number with UAN
- Next, login with your UAN and password
- Select the ‘Member button’ on the Member homepage and then select the “KYC” option
- Next, select the “Aadhaar” so as to add KYC
- Enter Aadhaar number and then save the details
- It will change the status of your Aadhaar from “Not Approved” to “Pending”
- Both the EPFO and employer first need to accept the above changes before they link UAN and Aadhaar
How to verify if Aadhaar and UAN are connected?
- First, you need to visit https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface to check if Aadhaar is linked to PF account
- Next, login with your UAN ID and password
- Select “Manage” button once you reach the homepage and then “KYC”
- Your UAN will link with Aadhaar only if you can see your Aadhaar is visible below the verified document page
Do I need to use mobile app or SMS to activate UAN?
You can’t activate UAN through SMS. It can be done via Umang App. Simply download Umang App using Google Play Store
What format should I use when creating my UAN password?
UAN passwords with alphabets need to have 8 to 25 characters. It also needs to have at least one special character as well
Also Check: E Ganna App Download