Karnataka Shakti Scheme: At this time, Karnataka residents must be having a great time. It’s because the state government of Karnataka has come up with a new scheme according to which women in the state will be given free transport facility.
It means that all women can travel using state owned buses from June 11 onward. There are some other conditions associated like men will be given 50% seats.
The state government scheme will work in such a way that transport companies will be reimbursed as per the total distance travelled by women passengers. So, all females of the state can apply to this yojana through Seva Sindhu portal through Shakti Smart Card.
If you wish to get more information on ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಯೋಜನೆ, then you need to go through this entire document.
Karnataka Shakti Scheme 2023
Before the assembly elections in Karnataka, the state government had promised to offer free transport facility to women. And this is how state women are being privileged. Apart from women, transgender passengers will also be allowed to take the benefit of this scheme.
Please note that free travel in buses won’t be allowed outside the state. At the same time, the state transport of Karnataka like KKRTC, NWKRTC, and KSRTC will reserve up to 50% seats for men.
At present, all residents can use their Identity cards issued by the government till the time their Shakti Smart Cards are issued.
ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಯೋಜನೆ Details
|Name of the Scheme
|Karnataka Shakti Scheme
|Government of Karnataka
|11 June 2023
|Women of the state
|Free transportation to women
Objective of Karnataka Shakti Scheme
The core objective of launching this scheme is to offer free bus rides to the women of the state. It’s because the government thinks that it will not only promote gender equality but also empower women.
Benefits of Karnataka Shakti Scheme
- All women will surely get improved transport services which will also help them in many other ways like increasing their mobility, encourage them to travel more, etc.
- It will also ease the financial responsibility by having free bus rides
- The free bus ride facility will also encourage other women to use this service. And so, more women will use it to go to work
- It will also generate new employment opportunities
- The free transportation opportunity can also empower women by making them independent. It allows them to roam freely
Buses Allowed for Travel under Karnataka Shakti Scheme
- Kalyana Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (KKRTC)
- North West Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (NWKRTC)
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC)
- The Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC)
Buses Not Allowed for Travel under ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಯೋಜನೆ
- EV Power Plus
- Ambari Utsav Fly Bus
- Ambari, Ambari Dream Class
- Airavat Gold Class
- Ambari Utsav Fly Bus
- Ambari Dream Class
- Airavat Gold Class Ambari
- Airavat Club Class
- Vajra, Vayu Vajra
- Non-AC sleeper
Eligibility for Karnataka Shakti Scheme
- You must be a citizen of Karnataka
- The above facility is also offered to the transgender community
- The above scheme is basically targeted for the benefit of women of the state
How to Apply for Shakti Smart Card
- First, you need to visit the official website of Seva Sindhu portal, i.e. https://sevasindhuservices.karnataka.gov.in/
- Next, you need to register on the portal
- Once you perform registration procedure, login to the portal
- After you are successfully logged in, you can apply for a smart card
- Next, click ‘Apply for Shakti Smart Card’ option
- It will open a new page for you
- Next, enter the required details in the application form
- Finally, hit ‘Submit’ button to complete the process
Also Check: Universal Travel Pass